Dear prospective Corp member, congratulations to you! I know how excited you are about NYSC. But, there are some things you should know before heading to camp. You can be so excited that you forget to take the important things you’ll need to camp. You don’t want to be stranded or going through unnecessary stress that could have been avoided.
Here’s a compilation of things we know you will need in camp, the very important ones, the essentials and necessary ones. There are things you can still make do without, but there are others that you just can’t afford to leave them behind while packing for camp.
- Call up letter: This is one of the major things you need in camp as a prospective corp member. This is what shows that you’re not impersonating someone. It shows the state you’re posted to and the camp you’re to report to. Do not, under any circumstance, forget this. It is best to print it in colored form. Do not laminate your call up letter, as it will be collected from you in camp. You can have few copies along, but the original will be collected in camp. However, things may happen and you forget your letter. There’s no need to fret, you can reprint online. There are always people in camp that run cafes, but their prices ae very high compared to where you’re coming from.
- Green card: This is the letter you print after your online registrations. You will be needing this also.
- Final year ID card
- Statement of result/Certificate
- Passports: I’m sure you’ve heard all sorts of things about this particular one. Many will tell you to have 50 passports or thereabout. Well, I won’t say you shouldn’t, but do not waste your money, once you have about 20, you’re good to go.
- For graduates of Medicine, Pharmacy; you will need your certificate of registration with Nigerian Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria and Pharmacists Council of Nigeria respectively.
- For foreign graduates, you have to come along with all the documents you uploaded online for physical verification.
Make copies of all these documents, 5 each is enough.
You will need the following also, but they are not compulsory as you can get them in camp;
Not Compulsory Ones
- Stapler and pin
- File/My clear bag: to put all your documents, for ease while carrying around.
The above are not compulsory as mentioned earlier, but it saves stress and time of borrowing from others.